Yoga, Purpose, & Action Leadership Intensive
For Yoga teachers, community leaders, activists and interested students
“Embark on a transformational journey of provocative self-inquiry, social justice education and creative exploration to uncover your deepest passion and motivation for service that leads to embodied, effective and conscious action.”
The Institute of Interdisciplinary Yoga Studies and ReneeYoga welcomes Off the Mat, Into the World to Kansas City for their Core Training Intensive, “A Yoga, Purpose and Action Leadership Intensive,: which is a five day training workshop that combines the tools of yoga, meditation, self-investigation, voice and ritual with the practical tools of communication, organizing and collaborating to teach participants how to become more effective leaders and agents of change in the world.
This training is 5 days, September 11-15, 2017, Monday-Friday, from 8:15 to 5pm daily.
Check in begins at 7:30am each day.
Maya Yoga, 215 W. 18th St. Kansas City MO 64108
During this core training workshop, participants will:
- Learn about the mind-body connection and how the body holds onto and reveals all its experiences
- Explore how to work in environments of suffering and trauma in a healthy, just and sustainable way
- Release limiting beliefs and step into unabashed expressions of purpose and joy
- Liberate the power of your voice as a tool for empowerment and standing in solidarity with others
- Connect deeply with the state of the world and discover your most effective path to service
- Explore the difference between charity and social justice, and what it means to operate from a place of understanding interdependence and standing for equality
- Activate your purpose, engage in collaboration and connect with your community
Intensive Price Tiers*
One of the ways Off The Mat stands for equality and access for all is by creating a pricing tier structure that invites participants to pay based on their income level. This way, people who can pay more “pay it forward” by supporting those who can’t. Please consider what is truly sustainable for you, and choose a price that feels in integrity. Registration for this event is open now.
$1350 Supporter (support other leaders as well as yourself)
$1050 Sustainer (pays for you)
$750 Community (discounted fee)
To register, click here.
[You will be taken to the IIYS and ReneeYoga website.]
*An important part of justice is access. OTM stands for leveraging privilege to support others. If you can afford to pay any amount above the discounted fee, please consider doing so. This allows OTM to continue to scale the prices of their intensives so that everyone is included.
Learn more about Off The Mat & Into The World here. OTM can offer a limited number of scholarships. Apply only if you have sincere financial need. We are committed to cultivating a diversity of voices and life experiences in our training and making them accessible to all income levels. Applicants will be notified of acceptance 2 weeks after the due date below.
Travel and Lodging Arrangements:
Book flights into Kansas City International Airport (MCI). Arriving Sunday, September 10, 2017 and leaving after 6:00 pm on Friday, Sept 15 or early Saturday, September 16, 2017. Please use the Kansas City Downtown parameter on Priceline or any VRBO/AirBnB using downtown Kansas City.